Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day/Night Make-Up

I love matching my make-up to the occasion and Valentine's Day is no exception. 
Best selfie pose.
Today though, I am in the midst of a respiratory infection and make-up is not on my to-do list. However, I was going to University and wanted to feel good so after watching Faith's Elsa tutorial from Nomadic Makeup I decided that was the perfect make-up to garner inspiration from. 
"I never knew what I was capable of." - Elsa, Snow Queen from Frozen.
It does take a lot of products to emulate a Disney Snow Queen. 
See product breakdown at the end of this post for a list of everything in this photograph. 
I kept the eyes hazy, soft and romantic for the daytime, but should you wish to enhance the look for date night, simply add liner and lashes.  For the eyes I used the Sleek Vintage Romance palette and Oh So Special palette (which are great alternatives to the Urban Decay Naked 3) and a heart shaped nail decal on the outer thirds. I also used a flesh-toned pencil on the waterline. 
This haze of colour was created using 'Ribbon' and 'Organza' from Oh So Special in the centre of the lid. The purple inner and outer corners and lower lash line consist of a mixture of 'Celebrate' from Oh So Special and 'Honeymoon in Hollywood' and 'Bliss in Barcelona' from the Vintage Romance palette. 
For the lips I used a Barry M 'Fuchsia' lip liner and Barry M 'Bubblegum Pink' lip gloss wand. 
Bubblegum pink gloss on bubba shrimp shaped lips.
For my complexion I used L'oreal nude magique foundation, Rimmel bronzer, Sleek blush and MUA highlighter. 
Queen of Selfies.
With my Valentine... 
I think its perfect for wedding day make-up for brides who prefer shocking pinks and candied violets as opposed to traditional bridal colours. 

Product breakdown:
Eyes
Urban Decay 'Sin' 24/7 glide-on shadow pencil £14
Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette £7.99
Sleek 'Vintage Romance' palette £7.99
MAC 'NW25/NC20' chromographic eye pencil $16
Love Atti Python Cheats mascara £5.30
MUA Make-Up Academy 'Shade 4' mascara (for eyebrows) £1
Allura nail art (hearts) £1
Lips
Barry M 'Fuchsia' lip liner £2.99
Barry M 'Bubblegum Pink' lip gloss wand £4.49
Face
L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint 'Porcelain' foundation £9.99
2True 'Shade 1' Cover n Conceal £1.99
Collection 'Candlelight' Lasting Perfection pressed powder £2.99
Sleek 'Antique'blush £4.49
Rimmel natural bronzer £5.99
MUA Make-Up Academy Undress Your Skin highlighting powder £3
Brushes
Selection of brushes from Real Techniques, Crown and Lydia
Miscellaneous 
Heart shaped peace symbol earrings on sale from New Look

No comments:

Post a Comment